Saturday, June 16, 2012

BABY SHOWER..its a girl!

I'm OBSESSED with dessert tables/candy buffets..did this on a budget and went with a pink,green,yellow and flowers theme (inspired by the party invites) and the mama to be's love of flowers!

I think it came out well...a lot of stuff I already happen to have which always helps..when you see something you like (and its an AWESOME price)....BUY IT! Words from a shopaholic ;P




Love the stairs..worked perfectly to hang the tissue balls 




TIP:
Bought this vinyl pink,green,yellow"limes" table cloth years ago at Kmart (pink and green are my colors and I thought I could use it for a summer party or a cinco de mayo since its kinda margarita themed)..it was crushed and crumbled..the MAGIC trick to straighten it out..A BLOWDRYER! 


My sugar cookie pinwheels-I used my recipe and followed the instructions from one of my favorite recipes from fine cooking 




My FAMOUS soft sugar cookies and chocolate dipped pretzel rods made
using a baby themed mold 








TIP:
Diaper Cake....I went to costco and bought a huge Huggies 280 count or something ridiculous..didn't need that many(maybe under 100), and you are better to buy the off brand bc they are plan..the name brand has designs. but I made it work. We made mini tissue balls for the diaper cake

Mini Keylime Pie Shooters in the shot glasses


Red Velvet Cupcakes with edible real flowers (whole foods)

I did baby bottle sugar cookies, flowers and spelled out the new parents names. I like personalizing things and who doesn't want there name spelled out in sugar cookies!?


Nutella "Crack Pie" I used the recipe from showfoodchef 


Martha's, "Confetti Treats" 


Mini Banana Split Bites (from pinterest!) they started to melt bc it was a hot day:( Also homemade macaroons (raspberry) 





The Mom-to-be is a vegeterian so I wanted to make sure she had some of her favs(cheese and olives)  



I made some little rose toothpicks they were really easy to make (just time consuming) I cut strips of pink paper with a pair of those serrated craft scissors, wrapped them around the tip of the toothpick, than added the little green leaf that I cut out

No comments:

Post a Comment