Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

Gosh I love the holidays..especially any holiday where you can make sugar cookie cut outs in various shapes!

I had a lot on my plate this year..since I have the time I made a whole spread to bring to my Aunt's house...a artichoke asparagus hot cheese dip with crudités, caesar styled deviled eggs, cold asparagus soup shooters, potato gnocchi with a brown butter sage sauce,cranberry sauce and turkey and stuffing..YES turkey!

 I made my first turkey EVER!! (I know, it should of been ham or lamb!) but I needed to free up some freezer space and Tom the 13 LB Turkey needed to be roasted!

Came out Great!
He only needed to cook for 3 hours..I don't get why people stress over the turkey, it was actually one of the easiest proteins to make!
 I just cleaned him, salted/peppered and a little olive oil all over him, put some veggies at the bottom of the pan and add in one part water and one part (SECRET INGREDIENT!!) Vernor's!
Covered him with foil and checked and basted once. Turkey perfection, what do you think??


So all these things took a little longer than expected, and we were finishing up some work on the basement bar (counter was being installed and I was pondering the molding I wanted to do on the doors)

So my cookies aren't as spectacular  as I wanted them to be (I was up Easter Eve till 1am cooking and got up at 630am to finish!)

So here they are!




Close Up of the Chicks (okay, maybe they are ducks!)bunnies, egg sugar cookies and chick cupcakes







                      The Dessert Spread..a beautiful 65 degree day so we took advantage in the sunroom



                               Jell-O Eggs and Jell-O Beans, Kinda retro but I love Jell-O!



No comments:

Post a Comment